Community Consultative Committee put on notice
We are becoming thoroughly disillusioned with this committee chaired by Garry West. In its charter, this CCC states BHP must “provide the committee with factual and accurate information about the project and its likely environmental impact, including progress of work, monitoring results and any non compliance”.
After repeated requests, here are just some of questions we want written answers to, written so that there can be no confusion or doubt as to what has been said.
1. At what stage is the licence requirement to investigate the potential of a regional independent power plant?
2. Where are the early options for power line routes for bringing high voltage power to the target area?
3. Will BHP make a commitment that it will not mine under the black soil plains? A simple YES or NO
4. Will BHP make a commitment that it will not open cut anywhere in EL6505? A simple YES or NO
5. Will BHP make a commitment that it will not propose a mine plan until the results of the independent water study are released? A simple YES or NO
We will publish the answers. A full list of questions asked are here. If you have any more you’d like asked on your behalf please contact CCAG.